Sunday, October 6, 2013

Quicky #1

I've decided to start a group of posts called quickys.  Yes, I know that's not how you humans spell this, but these "Quickys" are rather going to be short blurps of postings by me to keep you all informed, in a short statement or two. 

We've been very busy as business and whatnot is picking up due to the upcoming holidays.  Mom's working on several things for a craft show and for her new guild as well.  We haven't had anymore customer business for right now, but all of these items she's making are going to be used in shows as advertisement for the business. 

Speaking of new things for the business, mom has decided to make T-Shirt quilts (and may be adding memory quilts later on as well).  She's loving making the one she's on now and likes the idea of saving people's memories for them.  She's not making just "regular" ones, but is adding sashing to the one she's working on right now and hopes to integrate quilt blocks to other quilts as well.  Doing this can help expand a quilt to a larger size when someone doesn't have very many t-shirts for a quilt, if that is what someone wants and they don't have enough t-shirts for a full-sized bed quilt. 

She's also been testing samples of battings and threads to find out which ones her "Lizzie" (a Tin Lizzie Longarm, but she named "her" Lizzie because she LOVES Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice) loves best and which ones are the nicest looking when used (in her opinion!  Mine doesn't necessarily coincide with her's, as I like my threads to be thicker, more like yarn actually, so I may play with them...even though she does her BEST NOT to let me do that!  Hrmph!).

Anyway, that's all for now.  I'm waiting for mom to come feed me and then give us all treats!  What fun that is when she hides them for us to find!

Oh, by the way, Mom's joined a class to make a pictorial quilt for Dad which will be featuring me and my feline brothers and sisters!  So, as she prepares the photos, I'll do my best to introduce all of them to you in the photos section and will feature the quilt once it's finished, especially the quilting! 

So, TA for now...and remember

Paws Are Best Used for Quilting!

No comments:

Post a Comment